Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

The new BBC series: Sherlock


Ack! I just finished season 2 of the new BBC Sherlock series. I'm crying and laughing and dancing all at the same time.
It was amazing, it was brilliant, it was byooooooootiful! Now i know this isn't really book related, unless you count how the series is based on books, but I just have to share my love for it.
I LOOOOOVVVEEE it. Ok. I'll admit, I first laughed at my darling friends and their obsession... but I've been converted. I have seen the light!
It's so funny, so smart, so superfantastically awesome.

Here's the little storyline thingy:
Sherlock Holmes was always a modern man. It’s the world that got old. Now he’s back as he should be: edgy, contemporary, difficult – and dangerous – in three new dramas on BBC One. Watson, a doctor, soldier and war hero, is fresh from military service in Afghanistan. A chance encounter brings him into the world of Sherlock Holmes, a loner, detective and genius. The two men couldn’t be more different, but Sherlock’s inspired leaps of intellect, coupled with John’s pragmatism, soon forge an unbreakable alliance. A woman in pink lies dead in a derelict house, the fourth in a series of impossible suicides. DI Lestrade is the best Scotland Yard has got, but even he knows he can’t compare to the young man who can tell a software designer by his tie or an airline pilot by his thumb. Sherlock has a unique analytical mind, earning his living and staving off boredom by solving crimes. The weirder and more baffling the better… Across three thrilling, scary, action-packed and hugely entertaining episodes, Sherlock and John navigate a maze of cryptic clues and lethal killers to get at the truth.
(summary taken from http://www.1channel.ch/watch-356379-Sherlock)

Have I mentioned how awesome the series is?
Oh I have, have I?
Well clearly not enough if you're still reading this and not scrambling off to find the first episode!

Ro.

7 comments:

  1. I've seen both seasons. Multiple times.
    Everyone can safely say i'm OBSESSED, i talk about Sherlock everywhere.. it's one of my favorite series, it's pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it IS pure perfection. I love the series so much! Now I just need 2013 to come a little quicker :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this show! I had so much fun watching it. I really liked the episode with Irene, and the final episode of the first season. It's done so well, especially compared to the recent films (the first one I liked, but the second one I was not a fan of). (I don't know why it keeps listing me as Unknown when I signed in with my Google account - I'm not trying to be anonymous :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Irene episode was my favourite too! I LOVED IT! I cried and then laughed and then threw stuff around the room, and then laughed again. It was brilliant, I didn't like the Hounds of Baskerville as much (maybe because it was directly after the Irene episode, but it was awesome nonetheless) but the season finale made up for it :)
      Ro.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you watched it Rosa, it is one of the best shows of ALL TIME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love it so so so so so much! I now have something to look forward to next year :) I'm so obsessed... I feel like going around and downloading desktop backgrounds :P and buying fan art, and buying every episode 50 bajillion times. I now have a quest... a quest to force everyone I know into watching the series :)

      Delete

I love comments :) they make me happy. Comment away!
Any spam comments will be deleted though.