Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Hunger Games Character Posters

HOLY YES!
5 months guys, 5 more months until Hunger Games hits the theatres in America (not sure when that would be for Australia)
Now... yes, yes I'll hurry up and get to the damn point:
Several character posters have been revealed.
Hahaha! **fist punch**
Of course, there is Katniss, Peeta and Gale.
BUT there's also Cato, Rue, Haymitch, Cinna and Effie

What can I say... Well, I already knew what Katniss, Gale and Peeta would look like from the movie casting; though it's good to see them all "made up".


I really don’t like the character chosen to play Peeta. He looks so....Pssshhhh... Well, can't do anything about that but blog about it :) He just doesn't look like the Peeta I envisioned, dang it!

Gale, hmmm... he's alright, He looks quite tense in the poster or perhaps urgent or confused??? anyways the facial expression says a thousand words. I find the poster of him a little too airbrushed but meh. :) Still... he's cool. TEAM GALE!!!!

Katniss, been there done that. She looks great, almost like the Katniss I imagined... but let's see how she can act. **dun dun dun**

Now. Here's where it get's interesting.

Cato... Well, I when I read the book, I imagined him far more lynx-eyed, crafty and far more scheming as well as larger in size. He’s meant to be their, (Katniss and Peeta’s) fiercest opponent but he looks a little tame to me, I must say, the actor playing Cato looks a bit like the one playing Peeta (can't be bothered to name names)

Rue... wow, I think the poster really captures her character, I really love her facial expression, it’s perfect; the ideal combination of sorrow and compassion! In the book, Rue was described to be brown skinned and haired, and she reminds Katniss of her sister Prim. I am going to be so, so sad when that scene happens.

Cinna... I never really imagined him much when reading, he was more of a flamboyant and passionate presence to me. But I love the gold liner :)

Effie... wow. She's definitely got spunk. She's pretty much dressed how I imagined, all feathers and bright assaulting colours. I love the facial expression on the poster, she looks a tad like a bird of prey zoning onto its target. The eyes are amazing, I think they are an excellent feature.

Now: Haymitch... WHAT IS THIS?!?! Geez, the man looks like something from the Lord of the Rings! I can't remember how he was described in the book (It's been a while) but I definitely didn't think he'd look like that. Maybe with shorter hair... I dunno... he's meant to be an alcoholic and very slightly pudgy etc... meh.

Overall. Very excited for the movie, it better be good or I can guarantee the producers will be getting a lot of hate mail... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) they make me happy. Comment away!
Any spam comments will be deleted though.